For every 10,000 students that join a karate class half will drop out
the first month.
Of that 5,000, half will remain through the second month.
Of those remaining students, 1,000 will complete six months of training
and then quit.
Five Hundred will study for a year, but only 100 will see their second
Three will make first degree Black Belt.
But only One shall go on to teach others what they have learned.
For karate is now part of their life and they shall go on to share
this life with others.
THIS PERSON IS A SENSEI - 1 in 10,000
Sensei Steve Holy
Martial Arts Director - Guardian Dragon Dojo
Yon-Dan (4th Degree - Isshin-Ryu Karate)
2nd Generation Black Belt under Grandmaster Shimabuku
Over 27 years Martial Arts experience
Martial Arts Background
- Self Defense Instructor: Urbana School District/Adult Education (1985-Current)
- Adjunct Faculty: Police Training Institute (University of Illinois) (1999-2004)
- Co-Developer of revamped Control Tactics Program at PTI
- Karate Instructor: Parkland College (1989-1996)
- Former CONTROLLED FORCE Instructor
- Member: OKU (Okinawan Karate-Do Union)
- Former Member: ASLET (American Society for Law Enforcement Training)
- Inventor & Author